Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Will Heroes' 'Claire' get a new BFF?

In June, Hayden Panettiere told SCI FI Wire that Claire will go to college this season on NBC's Heroes; now Panettiere reveals that her new roommate could be a female replacement for her first-season pal Zach.

"We're six episodes now into the season, and it's just she develops this friendship with this other girl, this roommate of hers," Panettiere said in an exclusive interview last week at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Pasadena, Calif. "It's the only confidante she's had since the first season, so it's a great relationship, and I think people are going to really like it and enjoy it. But it's normal life."

Claire needs a normal life after three years of Heroes heroics. "She says, 'I've been chasing normal life, and I finally found it. I finally caught it,'" she said. "How long that lasts, I don't know."

Even though Claire has moved away from home, she'll still have visits with adoptive father Noah Bennet, aka H.R.G. (Jack Coleman). "I go to visit him in one of the episodes, and I'm sure I'll visit him [again] soon enough," she said. "It'll probably go to hell in a handbasket."

The new mandate for Heroes in season four is to focus more on character stories. It's a nice change of pace for Panettiere, but she's already getting restless. "At the same time, I want to go shoot someone," she said. "I want to go kill someone."

Some actors have said they are appearing in fewer episodes, but Panettiere has worked a normal schedule in the first six. Beyond the current call sheets, she does not know what producers have planned for her schedule.

"I don't even want to guess," she said. "I have no idea the way it's going to go, what they have planned. I like to be surprised. I'm spontaneous. I've been in most of them. Most people have been in most of them."

Heroes returns Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. on NBC.
sci-fi wire...

No comments:

Post a Comment